If I have a criminal record can I still get a card?

Yes, with the foregoing provisions of the law, you can apply for a card as long as you, as a qualifying patient, submit the required documents in form and manner determined by the Department.

Section 4, Chapter 369 of the Act for the Humanitarian Use of Marijuana (Protection from the State Prosecution and Penalties for Qualifying Patients and Personal Caregivers) states, “Any person meeting the requirements under this law shall not be penalized under Massachusetts law in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, for such actions”.