How are transfers of usable marijuana or immature plants made to a dispensary? Where does the medicine in dispensaries come from?
Products or medications sold in dispensaries come from a dispensary’s own registered cultivation site. A minimum of two Dispensary Agents may transport usable marijuana or immature marijuana plants on behalf of the Registered Marijuana Dispensary (RMD) with vehicles equipped with global positioning system (GPS) devices monitored by the RMD.
A RMD should:
- Weigh, inventory, and account by video all marijuana to be transported before it leaves its original location.
- Repeat this process within eight hours once reaching the destination, except for in the case of home delivery.
- Report any change in weight based on documentation to the Department and Local Law Enforcement within twenty-four hours.
- Always carry a copy of a complete shipping manifest in a form and manner determined by the department when transporting the products.
- Once arrived, give a copy of the manifest to the receiving RMD securely, except in the case of home deliveries.
All FAQ’s from Dispensaries
- Are children allowed inside dispensaries?
- Do I have to register with the state to work at a dispensary?
- How many dispensaries are there?
- How much may a dispensary charge for medical marijuana?
- What information needs to be included on a label for usable marijuana products such as edibles, waxes, concentrates, or other prepackaged products?
- What is a medical marijuana facility, a.k.a. dispensary?
- What will I need in order to be dispensed medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Who can purchase or receive medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Will I be able to visit a dispensary immediately after visiting a clinic? Do I need to wait until I receive confirmation from the state?