How many dispensaries are there?
Under the law, there can be no more than 35 Registered Marijuana Dispensaries (RMD) approved statewide, and no more than 5 per county.
Each applicant approved to operate RMD will receive a provisional registration from Department of Public Health (DPH), which will not become final until the applicant has taken several more steps. These include building out the cultivation and dispensing sites and passing DPH inspections.
All FAQ’s from Dispensaries
- Are children allowed inside dispensaries?
- Do I have to register with the state to work at a dispensary?
- How are transfers of usable marijuana or immature plants made to a dispensary? Where does the medicine in dispensaries come from?
- How much may a dispensary charge for medical marijuana?
- What information needs to be included on a label for usable marijuana products such as edibles, waxes, concentrates, or other prepackaged products?
- What is a medical marijuana facility, a.k.a. dispensary?
- What will I need in order to be dispensed medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Who can purchase or receive medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Will I be able to visit a dispensary immediately after visiting a clinic? Do I need to wait until I receive confirmation from the state?