Is it harder to renew my medical card after it expires?
Department has yet to issue guidelines regarding the renewal of registration cards. The law, however, states that the renewal must meet the same requirements and undergo the same process as that of obtaining a new card under 105 CMR 725.015 (A).
The disadvantage of waiting until your card expires is that you will lose your legal protection during the intervening period until it is reinstated.
All FAQ’s from Renewal Process
- Am I able to get an extension if my card is close to expiring?
- Can I submit my renewal application early?
- I am renewing my card. Is that any different?
- I had my medical card a couple years ago and it has expired. Do I need to get a new doctor’s recommendation?
- Is there an advantage to returning to the same clinic for my renewal?