Am I able to get an extension if my card is close to expiring?
The law states that a registration card will be valid for one (1) year from the date issued, and may be renewed in a form and manner determined by the Department of Public Health. The DPH, however, has yet to determine and announce the process and guidelines for renewal of the registration card.
We advise you to contact MMMP directly for information and further updates regarding this matter.
All FAQ’s from Renewal Process
- Can I submit my renewal application early?
- I am renewing my card. Is that any different?
- I had my medical card a couple years ago and it has expired. Do I need to get a new doctor’s recommendation?
- Is it harder to renew my medical card after it expires?
- Is there an advantage to returning to the same clinic for my renewal?